Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snyder's Gluten Free Pretzels


I was highly skeptical when I heard these were soon to be hitting the shelf. Especially since I heard that Snyder's was bucking Gluten Free Certification . My fears were removed when upon seeing the pretzels at Whole Foods I noticed a big ass GF Certified sticker on the front of the bag. Clearly, Snyder's was not aware of how pissy Celiacs get when you try and mess with our food. 

The first thing I noticed with this purchase was that the bag was half the size of Glutino pretzels and basically the same price. For some reason I figured that a major corporation like Snyder's might be able to give us GF pretzels for $3 but I digress. 
The pretzels themselves are good, really good. The only issue I have with them is that they leave this crazy taste in your mouth if you eat too many of them. I can't even describe the taste its not really chemical but its just...odd. I've noticed that if I eat just a few - maybe a handful no weird taste. However if I go like two pretzels over a handful the weird taste shows up. Maybe Snyders need to work that out. 

Verdict? Yummy - but I still prefer Glutino Pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment