Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dutch Country Soft Pretzels






If there is one thing the Pennsylvania Dutch know its soft pretzels. If there is one thing that is constantly waved in your face in the Philadelphia area it would be Dutch Country soft pretzels. They are freakin everywhere. You can't go to anywhere without pretzels all up in your business. Growing up in this area I miss biting into the soft chewy dough of a dutch pretzel.

You can imagine my joy upon discovering that the Pennsylvania Dutch have decided to bestow upon the world their delicious pretzels in gluten free form. I truly had a moment the day I saw them in my health food store. For a while I had contemplated attempting to make them from scratch but I just knew they wouldn't come out right so I never tried. But here - here they were all frozen and ready to be taken home and popped in the oven until they were toasty warm.

When I got home I was little aggravated to discover that I just paid $7 for three frozen pretzels. Three small frozen pretzels. Oh you got me again gluten free ingredients! Seriously though - isn't there like a ton of rice grown in this world why is it so expensive? Do I need to call a commodities trader and have this broken down for me?

But I digress.

I prepared the pretzels with their enclosed salt pack, popped them in the oven and waited.

You guys. Seriously. It's like a REAL pretzel! It's soft and chewy and completely delicious. I love the moments where I feel nearly normal. I do wish the price point could be lower or they would give you more pretzels because three pretzels do go pretty fast.

Verdict? Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment