Monday, June 27, 2011

Jo-Sef Gluten Free Square Cookies

Jo-Sef Square Cinnamon Cookies, 8-Ounce (Pack of 4)

I think of these cookies like graham crackers - they come in all of the typical graham flavors (vanilla, cinnamon & chocolate) and I think they usually do get advertised as such. In fact, I wasn't even aware that the company didn't refer to them as graham crackers -weird. It's like you get an idea about something in your head and nothing will stop that idea from changing. 


So, that is all off topic. 

I found these one year when I was making a desert that required a graham cracker crumb base. The girl at my health food store told me they were good and she has been right in the past so I bought them. They are thicker then a graham cracker - like a lot thicker. But the thickness is great for creating a graham cracker crust and the cinnamon flavor is really nice - not too cinnamon-y. 

Not too long ago I did attempt s'mores with these cookies and was pretty happy with the result. Since the cookie is substantial it holds up to heating and the melted chocolate. 

Verdict? Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment