Friday, June 17, 2011

Annie's Gluten Free Macaroni n Cheese

Annie's Homegrown Gluten-Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar Mac & Cheese, 6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)


Kraft Macaroni and Cheese was such a great kid food. Believe it or not but I didn't really have it until I got into my teen years. My mom always made Mac n Cheese from scratch. As a teenager I discovered the artificial yumminess of that blue box. At sleep overs we would make several boxes and chow down while asking the Ouija Board questions or playing Truth or Dare. 

As a celiac adult I've experimented with creating gluten free mac and cheese from scratch and just haven't got it yet. I think I need a pasta that can withstand the heavy cheese sauce. Since I don't have a "go-to" mac and cheese recipe I picked this up one day when I was seriously craving it. 

I was really disappointed. The pasta was pretty good but the cheese sauce was just bad. It doesn't taste like cheese which is something you tend to be looking for when eating mac and cheese. This was just like mac and flavorless white sauce - not good. 

Verdict? Sucky

No comments:

Post a Comment