Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zico Coconut Water

ZICO Pure Premium Coconut Water, Natural, 14-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)ZICO Pure Premium Coconut Water, Pomberry, 14-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)ZICO Pure Premium Coconut Water, Pineapple, 14-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)

I never gave a lot of thought to coconut water or any drink that replenished my electrolytes. It wasn't necessary. I didn't sweat so much during my workouts that I needed to concern myself with mutilating my thirst Brawndo style. That is until I start doing Bikram Yoga.

For those who don't know Bikram is yoga done in a room heated to 105 degrees - you sweat until you feel like you might die from sweating so much. I was obviously sweating enough to require some sort of electrolyte replacement. I saw that some electrolyte drinks were gluten-free but I didn't like seeing 40 things I couldn't say and unnatural colors in the bottles. I had heard about coconut water and saw that the ingredients tend to be "100% coconut water" instead of "red dye #40."

I bought the Pomberry and Tropical Pineapple ones to try first. It takes some time to get used to the taste of coconut water its a little salty tasting but after a few sips all you taste is yumminess. With the second bottle I didn't even notice the salty taste. I've since tried all the flavors - including the chocolate which I was highly skeptical of - and they are all really good. Plus I don't get as tired in Bikram when I drink my Zico during class.

Verdict? Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment