Thursday, July 7, 2011

Enjoy Life Cookies

Enjoy Life Chewy Chocolate Chip Soft Baked Cookies, Gluten, Dairy & Nut Free, 6-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)


I think I've had just about every flavor of Enjoy Life Cookies. When I was first diagnosed with celiac they were pretty much the only game in time. So unless you felt like baking a dozen cookies (which I NEVER feel like doing) you bought a box of these bad boys. 

I have mixed feelings about Enjoy Life. I know that so much of our enjoyment with food is really from memories. I remember eating a soft baked apple cookie months after being diagnosed with celiac disease and feeling so happy to be eating a ready made cookie that didn't taste like sawdust. It's like a little hot water bottle right on my heart. 

However, I can't let warm and fuzzy memories dilute my opinion. I do think that for a soft baked cookie these really aren't that bad. I think there are better gluten free cookies on the market and there are also worse cookies on the market. These reside happily in the middle. I think they are geared more towards kids and thats who I think would find these really tasty. As an adult I think you tend to be looking for more from your food - at least I do. I want to taste the ingredients and have an "experience" with everything I eat. Which might sound crazy but I think with celiac disease the more tasty gluten free things I eat the more I have a hard time swallowing those that aren't quite as tasty. 

Verdict? Good for the cookie craving and totally yummy for kids

No comments:

Post a Comment