Thursday, July 14, 2011

For The Nay-Sayers Out There

I constantly hear from some.....uh, let's call a spade a spade...jackass about how Celiac is what all the cool doctors are diagnosing so now everyone wants in on the game. People actually believe its a "fad" diagnosis- which makes no sense to me. How can a medical condition be a fad?  Apparently being a Celiac gives you the keys to some super secret, ultra swanky and glamorous club that everyone is clamoring to join.

I, for one, am pissed because not once in 7 years has someone whispered "hey you buying that Gluten Free stuff...here" and then slipped me an envelope filled with cash and rubies.(I will expect said envelope to arrive in a weeks time thankyouverymuch)

Anyway - here is a great article from Livestrong.com that discusses why all of a sudden gluten is making everyone's immune system go crazy:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/489064-effects-of-gluten/

No comments:

Post a Comment