Thursday, July 21, 2011

SO Delicious Coconut Almond Ice Cream Bars

I knew I was lactose intolerant long before I was ever diagnosed with celiac. In my early 20's I avoided dairy for over 2 years and I found that when I reintroduced it I didn't have issues anymore. For years I've drank lactose-free milk and avoided most cheeses and ice cream. Recently, I was having a lot of issues with lactose-free milk and figured that I've gone from intolerant to down right prejudiced - my body wanted nothing to do with milk and I had to do some scrambling.

As I believe I have firmly established - I love junk food and ice cream is no exception. The only dairy I've been able to tolerate is yogurt. So during the first part of this scorching summer I've been cooling off with fro-yo but it just hasn't been doing it for me. I've been seeing all of these "So Delicious" products everywhere and figured I'd try the ice cream. I was totally sold when I saw that they had ice cream bars. I couldn't even remember the last time I ate an ice cream novelty.

The coconut almond bars were so delicious (har-har right?) really! The ice cream is smooth and creamy and does not have a coconut taste at all - it taste like vanilla ice cream! The chocolate coating is yummy and it is the perfect little treat!

Verdict? Yummy! You will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet review! We're delighted you're finding our Coconut Almond Minis Bars such a delicious summer treat! Did you know that it's National Ice Cream Month? We're inviting our friends to join us in our efforts to create a National Dairy-free Ice Cream Day, because we think everyone should be able to enjoy eating ice cream! If you'd like to join us, please sign our petition here: http://bitly.com/13ykB3 Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete