Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Russo's Gluten Free Gourmet Mozzarella Sticks

This.

This is something I have been waiting for since my celiac diagnosis.

I LOVE mozzarella sticks. Always have and can't ever imagine a time when I haven't totally loved them.

When I got diagnosed with celiac I kissed mozzarella sticks good bye. Sure, I could've made them from scratch but its just not the same. I wanted to go out somewhere and order mozzarella sticks or simply pop them in the over and enjoy after 6 minutes.

My dreams came true at the health food store today. I was browsing the back refrigerated section which I normally totally forget exists and I glanced a box that said "mozzarella sticks." I instantly figured that they were probably vegan or organic - there was no way someone was smart and kind and loving enough to create a frozen gluten free mozzarella stick.  I scanned the package and say "Russo's Gluten Free Gourmet" I was in heaven. I ripped open the freezer case and yanked those bad boys out.

The second I got home I ripped open the box. I figured that the mozzarella sticks would be about 2 inches long but nope. These are standard mozzarella stick size. I popped them into the oven. I anxiously awaited 8 minutes. I pulled out crispy, ooey, gooey mozzarella sticks. The coating was crunchy and awesome. They were difficult to pick up so I used a fork. But they are still amazing.

Verdict? YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment