Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not Nuts! Seed & Fruit Mix from Enjoy Life!


Enjoy Life! was amazing enough to send me out their new product Not Nuts! I was really excited because I love any kind of fruit, nut and seed mix. I practically survive off the stuff. I easily clear a bag of mixed stuff a week.

I thought this was a great idea since I know so many people who are allergic to nuts. As much as I might feel that being gluten-free is hard I cannot even imagine being nut-free. Nuts are in almost everything and nut allergies are terrible and immediately life threatening.

Not only are they nut free they are also free of the wheat, dairy, soy, egg, fish & shellfish. And no worries about cross contamination since Enjoy Life! has a dedicated facility - got to love that!

Enjoy Life! has two flavors in their Not Nuts! line:

Mountain Mambo which contains:
Sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apples, chocolate chips (allergan free!), and cranberries.

This was by far my favorite. I loved the combination of the little tiny chocolate chips with dried cranberries and dried apples. You get a little sweet taste with a little salty and just enough crunch with the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

Beach Bash which contains:
Sunflower kernels, pineapple, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and apricots.

I love everything in this mix except the dried pineapple. I love fresh, juicy pineapple but cannot stand dried pineapple. I always feel like dried pineapple loses its sweetness and all thats left is sourness. But that's just me - some people love dried pineapple and if you do then you will enjoy this mix. I did like having the taste of dried apricots and cranberries with the crunchiness of the sunflower & pumpkin seeds.

These mixes are both very tasty and are a great healthy little snack. I love that I can get my sweet fix in a healthy way - okay yes, the Mountain Mambo has chocolate but hey - the rest is healthy so it negates the chocolate!

Verdict: Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment