Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kettle Cuisine Soups & Chili

Once I tasted the Three Bean Chili I set myself on a mission to try every single flavor of Kettle Cuisine that I could get my grubby little hands on. 

I seriously do not understand how they do it. How on earth do they make a frozen soup taste as good (and more than likely better) then fresh, homemade soups? What sort of sorcery and matter of magic is being employed in the Kettle Cuisine kitchens? I can only assume that the cooks have some sort of pact with the Devil that allows them to 1) make sure insanely delicious soup 2) make the soup insanely delicious even though its frozen.

Okay so enough insuinuation that the Kettle Cuisine people are some sort of weird wizards onward to the reviews:


Chicken Chili with White Beans:

This smells incredible and I could not wait to shove my spoon in and inhale the entire bowl. The flavor is amazing and complex and it's got a little kick to it too.

Thai Curry Chicken Cuisine

This is my absolute hands down favorite. This is the most delicious soup I have ever eaten - period. It is BETTER than the homemade soup I've eaten at delicious Thai restaurants. I crave this soup.

Chicken Soup with Rice Noodles

I have had several brands of frozen gluten free chicken noodle and every single one of them was utterly disgusting. I've made my fair share of homemade chicken noodle soups and they are always great - but when you're sick or just want something cozy cooking isn't always an activity that rates high. This will be my go to going forward. Its delicious and the noodles don't explode in the soup and make the soup all starchy. The noodles stay firm the soup is just tasty.

Angus Beef Steak Chili with Beans

This was not my favorite. I think the Three Bean Chili is much more flavorful. However this was still really good. Even though I loved the other ones I was still hesitant on this one. Frozen steak just always seems like it will be gross. The meat was fine and tasty and the chili was good - just not as good as the Three Bean.

I'm now on the mission to find the Southwestern Chicken & Corn Chowder, Roasted Vegetable Soup and the Tomato Soup with Garden Vegetables.

Verdict? So far - YUMMY! I'm totally digging on Kettle Cuisine and seriously recommend that everyone try at least one variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment