Monday, August 1, 2011

Conte's Gluten Free Gnocchi


I came from an area where pasta flows like water and in any given mile you will pass by at least 5 Italian restaurants. Being GF around here can be dicey - especially when you miss things like raviolis and gnocchi.

PCD I didn't eat a copious amount of gnocchi. I had a casual relationship with this type of pasta. We would occasionally see each other and I would coat it in vodka sauce and peas and go to town. When I was diagnosed I made a lot of assumptions about my diet going forward. My first assumption was that all good tasting pasta, bread & pizza was out the door and my second was that my food would only be fresh fruits & vegetables.  My days of going out for large dishes of pasta, crispy garlic bread and lots of red wine were over.

This little bag of love up there told me different. It's not just a bag of gnocchis - its a bag of possibilities. Contes has done something pretty amazing. The gnocchi is light and the pasta is chewy without being rubbery, too dense or gross. These little puffs are heaven sent.

Verdict? Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment