Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Flour

Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, 44-Ounce Units (Pack of 4)

When I was first diagnosed I had a really hard time finding all purpose flours. There were a handful available at my local health food store but I wasn't necessarily all excited about the prospect of gluten free baking. On the rare occasion that I ventured into gluten free baking the end results would be such a crumbly, messy disaster that it just didn't seem worth it. 

For many years I just lived out my existence without any hand baked goods. As gluten free flours started to become more prolific I gave Bob's a shot. 

What I've always like about Bob's is that it does create a decent end product. The baked good doesn't fall apart and it never weighed 25 pounds. My only issue with Bob's was the garbanzo bean flour. The rub with bean flours is that they provide the protein necessary to give a plump chewy product but the aftertaste is heinous. 

I've since stopped using Bob's for any sweet baked goods. I find its fine for making breads and the like but is a definite no-no for sweeties. 

Verdict? Okay for breads not so much for sweeties

No comments:

Post a Comment