Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rigoni di Asiago Organic Fruit Spreads



Gluten is a clever little minx.

It hides in the most innocuous of places.

Following a gluten free diet is much like a weird game of "Where's Waldo?"

Once place I never thought could be a problem was jams, preserves, fruit spreads and jelly.

I typically only eat organic and natural fruit spreads because I don't like all that artificial junk. Rigoni di Asiago takes it all one step further and basically (my theory) shoves exceptionally fresh fruit into a jar and slaps a label on it and calls it a day. Not only are they certified organic but they contain 3 POUNDS OF FRUIT PER JAR.  No sugar - except those that natural occur and since its so super fresh it contains 30% less calories then other spreads.

The freshness and purity of the fruit spreads is unbelievable. I've never tasted a fruit spread that tastes like biting into the fruit that the spread is made of.  The orange tasted like biting into a fresh, sun drenched orange - unbelievable.

I've sampled the blueberry, mixed fruit, orange and peach and was equally impressed with each flavor. The blueberry has whole, tiny blueberries which ups the flavor quotient big time. The peach is fresh and sweet and took me right back to summer. The flavors in all of the fruit spreads is big and bright and really makes a piece of toast a pretty exciting thing to eat.

Verdict? YUMMY!

*Rigoni di Asiago did send me samples to review. I was under no obligation to provide a favorable review. As always, my reviews are my opinions. Yummy doesn't sell out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment