Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Whole Foods Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies


Peanut Butter cookies are my absolute favorite cookie. I love them. I love them so much that it sometimes hurts. They are everything cookies should be -sweet and decadent. Since getting diagnosed with celiac (7 years ago) I have struggled to make and purchase gluten free peanut butter cookies. The best GF recipes contain no flour and are really just an amalgam of peanut butter, butter and sugar - but they usually just end up tasting like a buckeye. So the search has carried on to find some baker somewhere who has figured it out. 

The epic search continues.

Like a lot of Gluten Free stuff its not that its necessarily bad, its that it just doesn't work based on what we believe something should taste like. Such is the case here. They are good - in fact I ate three yesterday so clearly they don't suck - but they just don't hit it home. I think I might be looking for more peanut butter - more flavor - I don't know.

These definitely do in a middle of a craving when you can't find anything else. But all in all if you are looking to really feel completed by a cookie - these are not the answer.

Verdict? Okay

No comments:

Post a Comment