Saturday, May 28, 2011

Udi's Cinnamon Rolls


This is like the time that comes in all relationships. The end of the honeymoon period. You start to notice that he has nose hairs and wears mismatched socks and wonder - can you love him anyway? That's where I am with Udi's Cinnamon Rolls. 
I love so much about Udi's. Their laughter, their smile, their ability to make me happy with the simplest of things but here I really had to question what's wrong?

Was it the decidedly low amount of cinnamon yumminess? Was it too much roll? Was it the icing?

It was too much roll. WAY too much roll and my gluten experiences with cinnamon rolls were awesome so the bar was kind of high. What I always loved about gluten cinnamon rolls was that there was like almost too much cinnamon and the icing was just dripping into every nook and cranny. I was never all about the dough part and this was just too much dough. I'm not saying Udi's has to change to keep me - I think I can still love Udi's through this minor down in our otherwise splendid relationship.

Verdict? Yummy Light - the cinnamon roll was still okay - it just wasn't for me it doesn't mean that someone else won't think its the best thing ever created. I say give it a shot and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment