Sunday, January 8, 2012

Aleia's Almond Horn Cookies



One of my favorite things to do is to slowly browse my local health food store Natural Health in Blackwood, NJ. The place looks smallish but it is packed and its easy to miss new products. I scanned the cookie/snack aisle and my eyes landed on these simple brown bags. I looked at the ingredients - almond paste, sugar, almonds & egg whites - there is no way these won't be insanely tasty. Plus I loved that they were about $4 - got to love that!

At a few holiday parties this season I saw lots of classic Italian cookies and was feeling deeply devastated that I couldn't indulge in almond horns & pignoli cookies - two cookies that were my favorites PCD. Seeing these lovely almond horns made me feel super excited. I was looking forward to making a lovely cup of tea and enjoying my cookies. 

These are truly insanely tasty. I think they taste better then the almond horn cookies locked in my memory. The flavor is intensely almond-y and they are the richest tasting almond cookie I've ever had in my life. They are flaky like a croissant yet have a good density. They are perfection in a horn. 

Anyone who is missing traditional Italian cookies need look no further than Aleia's. They also make a pignoli cookie which I'll have to ask the health food store to order.

Verdict? YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment