Friday, September 30, 2011

Mrs. Crimbles Chocolate Macaroons *UPDATED*


Macaroons dipped in chocolate?

If that's the question then the answer is always a resounding YES.

I love macaroons.

Unfortunately, I cannot make them. Every time I have tried to make them they come out terribly and they exponentially suck. This has stunk for me since I have been totally unable to find gluten free macaroons.

So you can imagine my joy & excitement (joycitement?) when I came across these babies. I couldn't wait to get them home and try them out.

They are dense - like a good macaroon should be. The first few bites were fantastic but by the end of the cookie I wasn't as excited. I'm not sure if its because I compare every chocolate dipped macaroon to the ones at Wegman's, which are made by the hands of angels, or if there was truly something not 100% with the cookie.

I'm totally keeping the package and will definitely try them again and see what I think the second time around.

Verdict? Okay - definitely worth a try!

*UPDATE*

I tried them again and yeah, I was WRONG. The whole cookie was delicious! Sometimes I just know that something needs a second chance.

NEW VERDICT: YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment